The Osceola Council on Aging’s Transportation Department provides bus services to and from community resources for the elderly or disabled adults who cannot transport themselves to senior dining sites, grocery/retail shopping and other activities
*Due to COVID-19 we are not providing client transportation services at this time however, we do hope to resume these services as soon as possible.
Senior Dining Transportation
The Senior Dining Clubs provides a place for older adults to gather for socialization and shared nutritious lunchtime meal. Bus service is provided to and from the congregate dining site in Kissimmee.
The Kissimmee Site is located at:
The Barney Veal Center.
700 Generation Point, Kissimmee, FL 34744.
The times of operation are from Monday thru Friday from 8:00AM until 12:00 Noon.
For many residents in Osceola County, getting to the grocery store or supermarket is not easy. The Osceola Council On Aging offers its shopping transportation services to homebound disabled and/or senior citizens who otherwise do not have a means to travel to a store and purchase life’s necessities. Shopping Transportation Services are provided to residents of our Main Service Areas of Saint Cloud, Kissimmee, and BVL. Shopping Transportation is currently being offered at a “Shared Cost” rate which allows both our clients and the Osceola Council On Aging to contribute to the actual operating cost of the transportation service. There is also a limited amount of DOEA (Department Of Elder Affairs) funding available for those who require additional funding assistance.
Shopping Transportation – Rates:
The Shared Cost Shopping Transportation Rate is simple: $4.00 for each person for round-trip service.
Shopping Transportation – Schedule:
- Monday – BVL
- Tuesday – Saint Cloud
- Wednesday – Saint Cloud
- Thursday – Kissimmee
- Friday – Kissimmee
Shopping Transportation – General Information: • Shopping Transportation Services are offered Monday thru Friday.
- Transportation is provided to Publix and Wal-Mart (alternates every week.)
- Clients are picked up some time between 9:00am and 10:00am.
- Clients are given 1 ½ hours to shop at Publix and 2 hours to shop at Wal-Mart.
- Please carry exact cash or check for the driver; drivers are not required to make change.
Shopping Transportation – Getting Started:
Are you eligible?
These are the questions that we will ask to see if you are eligible for the Shopping Transportation services:
• Are you a resident of Osceola County?
• Are you disabled?
• Are you a senior citizen (60+)
• Do you live in Kissimmee, Saint Cloud, or BVL? – Call us to verify service eligibility.
Be prepared to answer a few questions:
• You will be required to answer basic demographic and emergency contact information for transportation services to be provided. We need this information for your safety and liability purposes.
• Shopping Transportation Coordinator: Maria Cordero ( 407) 846-8532 EXT. 1296
• Transportation Supervisor: Charles Roberts (407) 846-0359