Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly
If you are living in a Central Florida household with at least one resident who is age 60 or older, you may be eligible for energy bill payment assistance.
The Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program for the Elderly (EHEAP), a 100% federally-funded program, helps eligible seniors pay energy bills in an emergency by granting up to $3,500 per year while funds are available. These funds do not need to be paid back.
What Is Included?
Utility categories eligible for heating/cooling bill assistance include electricity, natural gas, wood, and propane.
Benefits may be used for:
- Payments to disconnected, delinquent, or past due energy bills
- Deposits to connect or restore energy
- Late fees and disconnect/reconnect fees
How Do You Qualify?
- The applicant must be age 60 or older. Energy bills do not need to be in the elder’s name to qualify, but he/she will need to provide proof of residence, such as a driver’s license or other identification.
- The home must be located in Osceola & Orange Counties
- The applicant must meet the income requirements.
- The applicant must be experiencing a home energy crisis (disconnected, delinquent, or past due).
Schedule Your Appointment
Funding for the program starts October 1, all applications will be processed in the order they are received.
Appointments will only be accepted 30 days in advanced. Any appointments booked beyond 30 Calendar Days will automatically be cancelled.