Building Strong Families Housing Stability Program

The Building Strong Families CARES Act Housing Stability Program (HSP) focuses on housing stability with an emphasis on reducing the impact of unemployment during the COVID19 Pandemic. The Housing Stability Program provides for rent or mortgage assistance in the form of a cash benefit.  An HSP benefit payment is made to the landlord or housing vendor on behalf of eligible households that meet program criteria.  The arrangement, coordination, monitoring, and delivery of services related to housing stability focuses on needs that can be addressed within a set time frame and with available resources.


In order for a household to receive financial assistance, case management, or any other services through the Housing Stability Program, the applicant must:

  • Be a resident of Osceola County.
  • Must meet financial guidelines set by the designated funding source.
    • CSBG 200% Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG) (See Chart)
  • Have a child(ren) under the age of 18
  • Be in unstable housing and/or at risk of homelessness due to lack of employment.
  • Have no appropriate subsequent housing options.
  • Lack of financial resources/support networks needed to resolve the crisis.
  • Show proof of employment prior to the pandemic restrictions.
  • Applicants who have received rental or mortgage assistance from other Social Service Agencies may not be eligible.

How to Apply:

  • Apply on-line Using a Computer, Tablet or Smartphone


You will need to have the following ready and saved to your computer, tablet, or smartphone.


Make sure the following items are saved to your computer, tablet, or smartphone. If you are using a smartphone or tablet you can take pictures of these items as you go. Without these items, you will not be able to complete the application

  • Copy of your Lease or Mortgage Statement (Must be a Lease or Mortgage Statement of where you reside)
  • Social Security Cards for everyone in the Household
  • ID for all adults 18 years of age & over (ex: Driver’s License, State ID, Passport)
  • Birth Certificates for anyone under 18 years of age
  • Utility bill (your name must be on the bill )
  • Proof of Household Income for all household members
    • Last 4 weeks of pay stubs and/or
    • Unemployment letter and/or
    • Child support Documents and/or
    • Government assistance award letter (SSI or SSDI)
  • !!!IMPORTANT!!! Any adult (18 & over) without proof of income must complete a self-declaration form
    • !Click the button below to open the self-declaration form and fill it out (FOR EVERY ADULT with NO INCOME.)You will need to save it to your computer, tablet, or smartphone.


Click the button below to start the application process