For many residents in Osceola County, getting to the grocery store or supermarket is not easy. The Osceola Council On Aging offers its shopping transportation services to homebound disabled and/or senior citizens who otherwise do not have a means to travel to a store and purchase life’s necessities. Shopping Transportation Services are provided to residents of our Main Service Areas of Saint Cloud, Kissimmee, and BVL. Shopping Transportation is currently being offered at a “Shared Cost” rate which allows both our clients and the Osceola Council On Aging to contribute to the actual operating cost of the transportation service. There is also a limited amount of DOEA (Department Of Elder Affairs) funding available for those who require additional funding assistance.
Shopping Transportation – Rates:
The Shared Cost Shopping Transportation Rate is simple: $4.00 for each person for round-trip service.
Shopping Transportation – Schedule:
- Monday – BVL
- Tuesday – Saint Cloud
- Wednesday – Saint Cloud
- Thursday – Kissimmee
- Friday – Kissimmee
Shopping Transportation – General Information: • Shopping Transportation Services are offered Monday thru Friday.
- Transportation is provided to Publix and Wal-Mart (alternates every week.)
- Clients are picked up some time between 9:00am and 10:00am.
- Clients are given 1 ½ hours to shop at Publix and 2 hours to shop at Wal-Mart.
- Please carry exact cash or check for the driver; drivers are not required to make change.
Shopping Transportation – Getting Started:
Are you eligible?
These are the questions that we will ask to see if you are eligible for the Shopping Transportation services:
• Are you a resident of Osceola County?
• Are you disabled?
• Are you a senior citizen (60+)
• Do you live in Kissimmee, Saint Cloud, or BVL? – Call us to verify service eligibility.
Be prepared to answer a few questions:
• You will be required to answer basic demographic and emergency contact information for transportation services to be provided. We need this information for your safety and liability purposes.
• Shopping Transportation Coordinator: Maria Cordero ( 407) 846-8532 EXT. 1296
• Transportation Supervisor: Charles Roberts (407) 846-0359